Apr 9, 2014

WiP Wednesday - Mashrabiya Vest & Shawl

I started this a few days ago and I really like it.  The pattern is easy to follow, except for the beginning where it doesn't exactly tell you what needle to use when and I think I guessed wrong, but I can deal with it.

It goes pretty fast once you get the hang of it and the lace pattern is quite pretty.  I do plan to add the armholes to make this more versatile and I'm pretty excited to wear this once the baby is here...no way am I squeezing that poor shawl around my waist...It's almost a moot point as I really don't have a waist.

So the pattern is Mashrabiya Vest & Shawl by Sarah Wilson, The Sexy Knitter.  I also read and follow her blog, go, check it out.

The plan is to use this KnitPicks yarn that I got a few months ago for a different project, but never got around to it.  It's shades of green and I plan to make it stripey...fingers crossed that it won't look cruddy or make me look fat with the horizontal striping.

Here is my Ravelry Project Page and a picture up to my switch to the second color.


No comments:

Post a Comment