Sep 25, 2012

Update: Silk Ishbel, Granny Stripe Blanket, and Life

I've been chugging along on Ishbel, a great pattern written by a very talented designer, Ysolda Teague. I mentioned this project briefly, here.

I'm using the 100% silk DK weight yarn that I reviewed.  I really like this yarn....A LOT.  I also really like this pattern a lot.  Although I totally missed reading a portion, and skipped part of the shawl....absolutely my fault, I soldiered on, and so far, I'm happy with the results.  Here is my Ravelry Project Page.  I'm much further along than what is in this picture, but I really wanted to show off the yarn a bit.



I was making fabulous progress on my Granny Stripe Monster Blanket, but now that it's quite large, it's relegated as a "couch" project.  AKA, I can only work on it while I'm at home, sitting on my tokhes.  I don't have any new pictures yet, but it's about twice the size as the last time I posted.  It's at about 600g of yarn and 1000 yards.  You can view more details here and here.

My son, Ethan, is now 3.75 months old and time is flying past.  I try and live in the moment, but life can be very distracting, especially when you are sleep deprived and cranky.

Here he is, in all his 3-month-old glory.


Lastly, I've joined Goodreads, so come check me out over there.  I read a whole lot slower now (the baby udpate slows down my hard drive), but I like this site, as well as Shelfari, to keep track of my books.  I will probably decommission my shelfari site, as I find it difficult to navigate, but I like how it keeps track of anthologies, so we shall see.

I'll be back soon to update my hair experiment, show off my hopefully, completed Ishbel, and maybe, share a free pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment