Sep 14, 2012

Granny Stripe Blanket - Part I

I can no longer resist the pull of the Granny Stripe Blanket. 

I've long disliked the traditional granny square.  The only time I can tolerate it's wonky, square-like shape, is when they stay small and are pieced together.  Otherwise, they grow into an enormous, crooked, wavy piece of fabric....ick! 

Despite my burgeoning granny square boycott, I just love the look of the double crochet clusters.  They always remind me of little flower buds.  And, I've been admiring the look of this blanket for ages.

Now onto my newest project. 

The pattern was designed by one of my favorite bloggers.  Whenever I head over to my blog reader, I hope that she has posted something new.  She is Lucy, from Attic24.

I've discussed her before on this blog, and if you haven't gone there yet to check out her space, then I strongly urge you to do so.  By far, my favorite aspect of her designs, is her color palette.  She appears to be a genius when it comes to color selection.

Granny Stripe Blanket - direct link / ravelry link
My Ravelry Project Page



I plan to make the blanket long enough to lay vertically on my bed, instead of the traditional horizontal layout. 

I chained 300 and the blanket measures at about 95" long.  This blanket will be a monster when it's complete.  I chained and did the first row in a larger hook, as I crochet so tightly.

I didn't want to do it exactly as the pattern states. The pattern has you changing colors every two rows. My modification is to change colors on every row. The biggest drawback to this, is the fact that I will have, what feels like, one million ends to weave in....

No comments:

Post a Comment