Feb 24, 2014

Nesting or hunger?

I've been baking....A LOT....not always successfully (as is my usual).  Please note that these photos are not mine, they are courtesy of other people much less lazy than myself.  I have all of these pinned, here.

I baked some of these:

Baked Oatmeal Muffins
These were ok, definitely lacking in sweetness, but that could be from the wintertime blueberries...frozen may have worked better (and more sugar...Mmmm...sugar)


And these:
Diet Soda Cupcakes
These had the potential to be good and there are some other versions of them out there that I want to try, but the Strawberry Cake mix is far too strong in artificial strawberry flavor, so I was not really a fan.


Also these:
Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
These were good, but as usual, I made a mistake.  I baked them with regular rolled oats and not quick cooking, so they were toothsome.  Fine for me and my little family, but  probably not something that would appeal overall.  Also I left out the raisins...ick...raisins.


Some of these:
Low Fat Cranberry Scones
These were really good...and that is all....also they were easy to make...not really a traditional scone.


These:
87 Calorie Cheesecake
So easy to make, and I didn't mess them up...yay...really tasty, especially with some fresh fruit.  They would be just as good plain too.


A bunch of these:
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Delicious, but I added too many strawberries, so they didn't set up perfectly.  But they were so good.  The only thing is that they don't keep long because they are such a "wet" cookie.

I have to say, this is excessive baking, especially for me, but I just can't help it.  So far I've been fairly successful with baking stuff that is pretty healthy so that I don't need to worry too much about getting chubby, pregnant or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment