Apr 18, 2013

Product Review - Fast Metabolism Diet - Week 1



Okay, so Mr. Hollybroke and I have made a pact to go on this diet "journey" together.  I've been inspired by some other bloggers to possibly share my experience on the World Wide Web (::shudders::).  As I already have a sort of product review piece on my blog, I figured I could combine the two.  So this will be done weekly, for four weeks.

I belong to this box-a-month type of club, although this one is structured a bit differently, but you get the idea and in my most recent box (Bikini Ready Cravebox), I received a pre-release of a book.  Please note that I pay for the box and do not receive anything for free and have not been endorsed either way for this review.

Photo from here


The book is called "The Fast Metabolism Diet" by Haylie Pomroy.  I won't go into too much detail about the diet itself, because, she would probably like for you to buy her book, but I will say that it's pretty intensive and I think I can survive it for four weeks.  I will share a little about the diet, since the info is available on her site and I will share my menu, but not the portion sizes or recipes (as they are in her book also).

The Fast Metabolism Diet (site link)

Details 
The diet is 4 weeks long and is purported to have you lose 20 lbs; according to Ms. Pomroy you can lose as much or as little weight as you desire based on portion size.
It has 3 phases that span over a week and you cycle through each phase once per week for 4 weeks (or more).
This diet is not meant to be a lifestyle diet change, it's just to speed up your metabolism and lose weight over the 4 weeks (or more) and then you go back to your regular diet (hopefully, with some healthy modifications).
The exercise routine that she recommends is quite strict, but again, only for the duration of the diet, so once the diet is over, you can go back to 7 days/week of cardio or not (in my case, NOT).

Quick Book Review : I think that the book is worth it for the guidance and recipes, but as for her weird analogies between your body and other various things (only word that encompasses her menagerie of examples), they are slightly extraneous and aren't really accurate.  I would not use her analogies to shape your knowledge of your body and precisely how it works, but it does work in a sort of loose way.

Now, here is my diet for Week 1:

Click to make it larger

Now, copying from Tammy of Skinny Mom's Kitchen, here are my stats for Week 1:

Starting Weight (SW) : 153.6 lbs

Goal Weight (GW) : 133.6 lbs (I just did 20 lbs, I don't have a goal, really)

Current Weight (CW) : 153.6 lbs

Weight Loss (WL) : 0 lbs

Just for some info, I'm about 5'6" to 5'7" and I'm also working to "recover" from having a baby.  It's been 10 months and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but there are all kinds of changes and jiggly bits that I'd like to work on and we'll see where this diet takes me.  Also, once the diet is over, I will go back to my 3 days/week for 30 minutes, exercise routine.





No comments:

Post a Comment