Feb 3, 2013

Yarn Review - Mini Mochi - Crystal Palace Yarns

 

 Normally, I avoid yarns that do not necessarily have a "ply" per se.  My reasoning for this is, when I weave in my ends, I like to separate the plies and knot them together.  But, for this yarn, I can make the exception.  I would always read about bloggers using this yarn in their various projects, and I did not get the hype.  Well, that was until I saw this particular colorway at the store and decided to splurge a little.

I have already made one small project with this yarn and since I have a whole ball left (took a lot less yarn than I thought), I will probably just make the same thing again.

I made a Honey cowl (featured here on my blog).


So here it is, Mini Mochi by Crystal Palace Yarns.  I picked it up at Knit-a-Bit, here in NJ.  I paid about $10.95/skein (which for me is a splurge and includes tax).  I'm sure you can get a better deal online, but sometimes it's worth it to spend the extra money to support a local business, besides you get to see all the yarns in person and squish them to your heart's content.

Details
Weight: 50g
Yardage: 195 yds
Fiber: 80% Merino, 20% Nylon


Notes
I really enjoyed working with this yarn.  The colorway was vibrant and kept me guessing throughout the project   I loved waiting to see how the next color that I could see in the ball would work into the cowl.  It has a soft and springy hand and opens up very well.
The colorway that I used is "Jungle (110)" and although it wasn't overly junglified to me, they were beautiful, and looked so beautiful worked up.  I know that I already used the word vibrant to describe the colors, but they really really were so bright and deep; very lovely indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment