Oct 18, 2012

No 'Poo' III

I never realized that having an infant would take so much time.  I mean, I knew, consciously that he would be a lot of work and my free time would sharply decrease, but I didn't realize the brain drain that would also occur.  My hat is off to Mom bloggers because it's a lot harder than you might think.

Now, onto the real reason for this post:

No "Poo" Update III

I have to confess, that I quit this about two weeks ago...

I really had problems with build-up in my hair and I could not solve whatever was causing the issue.

My roots would look great, but about half way down my hair length, it would be sticky and clumped together.  It was even difficult to get a comb or brush through.  Also, I would pull off a sticky, white film as I combed/brushed, that I could not even remove from the implement.  I really did try.  I tried different ratios of baking soda (BS), I tried skipping the BS solution and just using Apple Cider Vinegar/Water to moisturize.  Nothing seemed to work.  What a disappointment, honestly.  People claimed to have such great results. 

 The other thing that kind of changed my mind was that my hair was falling out...a lot....now this could be a consequence of being postpartum (4.5 months), but I'll tell you, I got a little nervous.  I don't have thick, luscious hair, and I greedily, hold onto every strand.

Either way, now I no longer am no 'poo' and maybe at some point in the future, if I come across a solution to my sticky hair, then I will try all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment