Aug 28, 2012

FO - Summer Solstice Mystery KAL

Although I finished this shawl in the very beginning of August, I felt I should add some pretty photos and a post to this blog.

Pattern: Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl KAL 2012
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino (Topaz 332) - 2.5 skeins
Needles: US-6 & US-8
Made for: Me
Notes:  For technical notes, please see my Ravelry Project Page.  As for the pattern, it was a fun knit.  I never felt bored or like I was slogging through any parts of it.  What I think was sort of interesting about this, is that I found many different ways to block it.  If you browse through the projects section (which I always do before I make something) you can see the many different results for the very same shawl.


This is a close up of the lace...so pretty.  I think that even this yarn was a tiny bit busy for the pattern, but it still came out quite lovely.  If you decide to make this yarn, don't go too dark or light and try to keep the yarn more solid to semi-solid, otherwise the pattern does get swallowed up.

These pictures were taken with my new camera, the Nikon 5100 DSLR.

   

I'm seriously in love with this thing.  It's relatively easy to use and although it's bulkier, obviously, than a point-and-shoot, it takes fabulous photos.  I'm still learning all the functions AND I'm debating to take a class on learning even more.  I think that this camera is good for the casual user as well as a serious (non-professional) photographer.  I was not compensated for mentioning my camera; I just love it.

Time for a shameless kitteh photo.

1 comment:

  1. I have a semi-fancy camera too that I seriously need to start using again! I love the kitty photo, no shame. <3

    ReplyDelete