Mar 17, 2014

Stuff I Bake

I have been a busy lady lately...with baking and cooking, that is.  I'm not sure what has come over me, but I just want to try new recipes, and I've been pretty lucky so far.  Only a few duds (which could be user error).  Unfortunately, now that I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, my baking will reduce greatly as I severely cut carbs and sugar from my diet (at least the less healthy versions).

Donuts - I made these with a simple chocolate glaze instead of the red velvet version, but the basic recipe is great.  Super tasty.  I advise, if you bake them in the oven, bake them at the lower end of the time....they should stay nice and moist that way.  This lady's site has some great recipes and there are some other donut recipes that I really want to try.



Chocolate Cupcakes w. Diet Soda - There are a bunch of recipes floating around the internet for this type of thing.  I used Pillsbury Sugar Free Double Chocolate Chip Quick Bread & Muffin Mix and added one 12oz can of Caffeine-free Coke Zero.  Baked according to directions on the box for muffins.  Even though I have made these about 4 times in the past month or so, I have not taken a single picture.
I don't frost them, when I want to eat one, I take Cool Whip Free (sugar and fat free), cut the muffin in half, dollop of whip on each side and enjoy.  It's about 3 points per muffin.  So good.

Cheesecake Bars - These were awesome.  So easy to make and worth every second of the little time I spent.  I used smart balance instead of butter, no difference in taste.  I also had to use a bit more fat to hold the cracker crumbs together (I used coconut oil).  I also baked them just a little bit longer than the recipe called for, but that's easy enough to judge yourself...once they are set, they are done.  Mr. LIH said that they had a slight bitter aftertaste, but some guests we had over didn't complain and ate more than one bar.  Although the size of the bars looks small, they are fairly rich, and the size winds up being plenty for a serving.  Check out her site as well, Mmmmm....





No comments:

Post a Comment