Oct 30, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Must Have Wrap

I know, I know...another new project, but when I saw this pattern come through the CEY newsletter, I had to make it.  I think it will be a Christmas present for someone, but we'll see what happens.

It's called Must Have Wrap, and I think it's a fairly accurate name.

I went stash diving and came up with my ColourMart Silk/Linen 12/60NM Fingering Weight yarn.  I have about 1600 yards of yarn and this pattern calls for about 1200 yards.

I've cast on using my brand-spanking new Darn Pretty needles...let me count the ways over these things.  If you don't own some of these, go buy some...and do it fast because there is quite a LOOOONG wait for them.  I'll write about them next week and how much I want to scatter them on the ground and roll around with them.

Now let me admit how lazy I am.  I cast on for this twice.  Both times, I'm pretty sure I counted right, but since it's not a big deal, I didn't really bother to go back and count.  Both times, I wound up with the stitch count not working on the wrong side rows.  So, I just fudged it and have moved on.  Oddly, it works perfectly on the right side, but not on the wrong side.  So, because I'm such a slug, and don't want to figure out how many stitches I have, this will remain a mystery.  Had to get that off my chest...because if it is a pattern error, then at least you've been warned.

Moving on.....Ravelry Project Page


No comments:

Post a Comment