May 8, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Olive Basket Cardi

Time to start something new (as if I don't have enough old WiPs to keep me occupied for two years).  I have been swayed by a blog I follow to make the Olive Basket Cardigan.  I've been watching her posts and falling in love with the pattern.

It has a moss stitch type pattern on the bottom...I can barely resist that stitch pattern as it is, but when it's paired with miles of neat little 'v's of stockinette, well...it pushes me over the edge and stash diving.  Luckily, I had plenty of Berroco Vintage DK for this sweater.  So I dug out my size 6 circulars and cast on....Unfortunately, my width gauge was too big and I had to frog, frog, frog.

Now I've recast on for the smallest size and I've reached the stockinette portion...and I'm getting ready to start the decreases....sooo excited.

I don't have a more recent photo, so the pic below will have to suffice.


To clarify, this color is no where near the color and I could not get it right at all....I will hopefully, have a better photo soon.

Yarn : Berroco Vintage DK in Breezeway



No comments:

Post a Comment