Mar 29, 2010

Crazy crafting

Well, I've been going crazy making headway on projects and then losing interest.

Now, I must again FOCUS.  I want to make a skirt that is modeled after the Dem-n-nit Pineapple Skirt (rav link).  It's for my trip to Costa Rica = My honeymoon + Cousin's wedding.The skirt is very pretty.  I have two issues with it. 
1. It's too long for my trip to Costa Rica....it's made in WW yarn and will suffocate me with any kind of significant length --> this, though is easy to fix.
2.  The chaining in the pattern has too many stitches (again, for my aesthetic).  I want my pineapples more defined, so I will be ripping and re-crocheting until I get the shape and tension I want.  I know I can block it to the dimensions I want, but it's hard to shrink things.

I've started it:  G Hook and Caron Simply Soft in Country Blue.

I have two free patterns that I will be posting soon.  I'm debating whether to free post them or put them into a PDF....we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment