Jan 1, 2010

Xmas over and Wedding continues

Now that I'm finished with Christmas...at least the hooky/needle-ee part, it's time to bring my attention about 98% towards my wedding. The other 2% is for miscellaneous knitting and/or crocheting. I'm crocheting my dress for the wedding. I'm so very excited. I'm almost half way complete. I had originally thought to create my own, but that task is far too daunting for me. So, instead I've decided to be vintagely inspired and I will be using the 1930's Inspired Gown
pattern (rav link). I'm using Naturally Caron Spa Yarn in the "Naturally" colorway. I love this yarn; it's very soft and has a really great draping quality to it. I'm also using a size B/2 hook to maintain gauge. Wish me luck! I will post pics as I move along

Now, onto wedding stuff...I really hope some people will comment with helpful ideas. I want to stay away from flowers in my centerpieces. My wedding is in March. I was thinking, candles, feathers, beads, fancy sticks, and other vintage inspired things.

Here is a sample from someone's party that I found online. Something small, well constructed and slightly vintage inspired. Since I plan to make them myself I need something that is scatter-brain proof.....I have lots of things swirling in my small mind, but I think I can consolidate. Any cool ideas about vintage for a wedding are greatly appreciated.
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment